Sunday, June 27, 2010

When Being a Clutz is Not Cute

My dance class once a year goes to Grant High School and dances on the big stage. What the smaller children don't know is that there is a lot of time and effort that goes into making up the stage and putting up and taking down the backdrop. To get the backdrop up you have to climb 60 feet into the air then walk on a cat walk about the width of your shoulder span. Then look down. And theres a foot of empty space behind you. So you can't step back. My opinion of this is :SCARY AS HELL. This is now a reenactment of my first experience on the catwalk. (WARNING: There will be more of these stories)



I was super excited to be going up to the catwalk where all th older kids were going. I had music going in my head and I was all "Hell Yeah! I'm a Big Kid!" This was the high point.



At this point I'm like, what the f*** was wrong with me this is hella scary. The Other People where all like "Good Job Twinky most people chickened out going up the ladder!" Ha-ha.




This is the ladder to get on the catwalk compared to a normal ladder...doesn't look good.







I tripped coming down the ladder and was all ...



I didn't DIE! YAY!



This peace of not falling did not last long for I tripped once again.


And landed thankfully (I nearly sprained my ankle in the process though) and went back down the crappy ladder.



No comments:

Post a Comment