Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ode to Crushes

Dear Oliver,
I found you when I was six years old,
And fell in love when you taught me
How to shoot water out my nose (Romantic huh?)
You lived around the corner only a few steps away
I went to your house often to make nice with your sister
You taught me Zelda was an awesome game
And whatever the hell sea monkeys were
I chased you and tortured you because
You were just so CUTE!
Your gone now and very far away
But from here I remember you so
Childish and sweet.

Dear Shawn,
I met you in the sixth grade
And hated your guts.
Then in the eighth grade
My science group drove me nuts
They picked on me,
Blamed me for being not as smart
As a quiet kid should be
When we had to change seats I almost fell apart
As I saw I had to sit next to you
And be next to your incredibly stupid friend
You were always seen as a bad boy and was never a goody two shoe
I saw this and thought it was the end
Then I slowly understood you were playing with me
With your cynical looks and wry smile
And that you never held it against me
When we lost a game
I started to see you
You were smart, sweet and incredibly hot!
With your boyish face and deep blue eyes
Shocking blond hair and six pack
You go to a different school and
I will (probably) never see you again
I'll remember you until
My brain eventually gives up.

Dear Colton,
Spanish 2 would have sucked ass this year were not for you
You talked to me and I gave you a weird look
You treated me with kindness and respect
And still tried to talk to me after you switched seats
You gave me that stupid name that I will only admit once that I kind of liked
You did not take my awkward silence to heart
And then you got a girlfriend
And was a senior you JERK!
I liked your voice
Even though you sounded like Bart Simpson
I liked you jokes
Mr. M's class was a little less boring with you there
I appreciated your companionship
You will always be a happy memory.

Dear Jacob,
I fell in love the first time I saw you
You were a god and I worshiped the ground you walked on
You were just that cool to me
We e-mailed and talked
You wished you had a British accent
And told me you broke up with your girlfriend
Then you broke all contact with me
And talked to my BEST FRIEND
Who told you I liked you
She told me the things you couldn't tell me yourself (asshole)
Our entire relationship was embarrassing
You have a girlfriend and I understand
I still like you but ,know, someday
When you die
I will feel a LOT less heartbroken.


Dear Dude In My Dance Class,
This poem is short and has to do with your skills
You can do multiple pirouettes at a time
Leap higher than my little sis' head
Finish axels with exempt precision
And do scary ass splits
I like you and I don't know why
We don't talk
I've seen you before
But hardly thought twice about it
I need school to start
So I'm surrounded by more testosterone
And this crush will probably make more sense.

P.S. I have purple hair now.XP

1 comment: